Things I Did Not Do In London
Things I Did Not Do In London (but probably wanted to), a list, by jo
1. Just sit all day in Heathrow airport and people watch. Dear god, that place is big, and full of fun and interesting people to watch. I did do a bit of that, though, while waiting for my cheap daypass on the Underground to start up.
2. Just sit all day on the Underground or Tube or whatever you want to call it. I toyed with the idea of playing a very strange game of Mornington Crescent with myself, or maybe just getting all giddy whenever the train went through some place mentioned in Neverwhere, but I managed to hold off on that.
3. Feed the pigeons in Trafalgar Square. Because they "are a nuisance and cause damage the square". *sigh* No recreating Mary Poppins for me this year.
4. See the Elgin Marbles. And damn it, I'm bitter! I totally should have made myself somehow be able to pass through space and time properly enough to make it see the Marbles. Oh well, guess they aren't going anywhere....
5. See a play/musical/any theatrical work whatsoever. But I probably could have pulled it off with less work than it would have taken to see the Marbles.
Other than that, I'm tired and happy and wired and excited and want to go again, tomorrow. Or now. Or something. It was *outstanding*, and I had a wonderful time.
But I am curious about one thing:
Why am I living in a country where "It will get as low as -7 tonight" made the freaking BBC news?