10 Places I want to go in Scotland Before I Leave
1. The Channel Islands: because who doesn't want to go to a place a cow is named after? Go Guernsey!
2. Rosslyn: Before the freakin' movie about the place comes out.
5. Jedburgh: There's a ruined border abbey there (of course), and I think if I get there I will have collected the whole set of ruined border abbeys.
7. Land's End: Because I want to see Land's End.
8. Snowdonia and Area in Wales: Purty purty mountains. I like mountains.
11. Stirling. Cuz it's Little Edinburgh. And has a big statue of Mel Gibson that they need to lock up at night to keep it from being defaced. Who wouldn't want to go to Stirling?
11 Places Other People Want Me To See Before I Leave Scotland
1. Tintagel: "It's strongly tied to the Authurian legends...."
2. Knights Tournament: "It looks cool!"
3. London: "It's London. You can't do the Britain without doing London. I think it's a low."
4. Carlisle: "Access to Hadrian's Wall." (This is where we devolved into an email discussion about how Romans are evil copy-cats.)
5. Faerie Glen (Uig): "It's very moving."
6. Iona: "It's supposed to be very peaceful."
7. Nottingham: "The Robin Hood myths, amongst other things." (This is where we devolved into an email discussion about how much people claiming Robin Hood was based off William Wallace annoys me.)
8. Middleham: "You are a Richard III fangirl."
9. Arthur's Seat: "It's got amazing views." (I've been there, though... but I'll climb it again. Really.)
10. Ravenglass: "A great deal of Roman history. Also, Raven."
11. Norwich: Okay, I wanted to go to Norwich because there are cheap airfares. When asked what I'd do there, I said "It's in the UK - there will be a castle and a cathedral, I'm certain." I was right.
5 Places I Want To Go Back To Before I Leave Scotland
What's Been On My Mind
Been reading lots of travel-log type things (and getting really frustread with Ewan MacGregor's whining in "Long Way Round"), reading up on Australia and working overseas, fallen in love with a book called "Work Your Way Around The World" (with bonus paragraph on how to get a job in Antartica!). I also got a globe/beach volleyball for whapping around the flat when I get too bored.
Basically, I'm thinking lots about what I want to see, and where I want to go, and what The Future will bring.
Can't sleep: future will eat me.